Re: [DL] Re: Combined Format [Heivilin]

<snip yet another offer to proofread from a list member>

| We're here, might as well use us!

Okay, this has come up before, so I'm going to spare Shane and John the
necessity of putting it to bed.

While the idea of fans proof-reading materials for free may seem great,
there is one huge, glaring flaw.  If they're doing it for free, they're not
getting paid.  "I don't mind!" you say, "I'll be happy just seeing the
stuff early!"  That's great for you.  But what happens when the
proof-reading doesn't get done on time?  "Martha [for example], this is
Shane.  We need that manuscript back tomorrow, or..." Or what? Or you're
fired? Nope, don't work for PEG.  Or you're taking a pay cut? Nope.  Don't
work for PEG.

See the problem?

B. D. Flory

"There are four types of homicide: felonious, culpable, justifiable, and
praiseworthy."
                                                   -Oscar Wilde