RE: [DL] Devil's Tower Experiences

I haven't run the set yet, but I am definitely planning on it.  The twist
I've already added is:

<SPOILERS HERE, posse memebers git now!>

The part of Jackie Wells is going to be played by a posse member, who
already has his character.  The character in question was found by two Texas
Rangers (other posse members), and had/has amnesia.  He doesn't remember his
name, or occupation, or any part of his trip from the future.  His earliest
current memory is of wandering the wilderness south of a very large rock
outcropping (Devil's Tower), beaten and confused and having no idea how he
got there.

He carries a Tokarev machine pistol, but has managed to explain it to
himself and others as some sort of Mad Science improved Gatling.  He wears a
U.S. Customs Service badge under his coat, but the fact that the U.S.
Customs Service doesn't really exist in the 1870's hasn't occured to him
yet, and he hasn't shown the badge around.  He doesn't remember all the
skills he's got -- I make the player roll Spirit checks to see if he can
remember something -- e.g. if a MS were explaining some chemical process to
the character, the player gets to roll a Spirit check with a TN of 7 to
remember that he was a Chemistry teacher before the Bombs Dropped (after the
bombs, he became a Law Dog).  He's got Night Terrors, which I use to feed
him clues about his past/the future via dreams.  He is also very Loco,
representing the amnesia and the invisible friend he keeps talking to.  The
imaginary friend's name is the character's real name.

As the posse works its way around the west, eventually to start the Trilogy,
my amnesia victim's memory will come back more and more, until approaching
the Devil's Tower he has a psychotic embolism or something and all his
memories return.

Should be fun!  The posse is heading towards Salt Lake City now, and should
be starting the Devil's Tower Trilogy sometime in the next couple of gaming
sessions.

Jeff Y.
Marshal for the (soon to be time traveling?) Dynamite Gang