Re: [DL] Devil's Tower Experiences

>Anyway...
>
>I'm just getting round to running the Devil's Tower campaign with my
>posse and I thought that I would check to see if anyone who had run
>the adventure had any comments on their experiences, specifically
>I'm interested in:
>
>- parts of the adventure that have required some tinkering
>
>- any mods made to the adventure and how they turned out
>
>- adding in your own red herrings or developing plot
>threads/characters/locations above and beyond the main adventure
>
>Anyway I'm interested to hear what your experiences/thoughts are.

Spoilers and such

Ok here are my points to ponder.  Make sure you know what powers are
available for each baddy.  Use all of them.  My party took out two of the
tremendea gang in about two rounds and the rest were cheese.  So use those
powers.

Second bone up on your harrowed powers.  Stone can be a mother if you play
him right.  Like a dragon in D&D  You're not supposed to kill it if it's
smarter than the party.

Good red herrings can be found all over the great maze boxed set and the
city o' gloom boxed set.  One that I used with some precision (read killed a
character in 1 round)  Was the Empire mill.  If you don't know what's in the
mill look it up!  All that pokeing around in sludge creek and the surounding
abandoned werehouses you're bound to put them up to it at some point....Just
make sure you throw out a clue or two.

These are railroad adventures.  At some point you're going to have to poke
them with a sharp stick unless they are really adept at city roleplaying.
Try to let it flow from the evidence.  The less proding you have to do the
better off they feel about the adventure.

And that's all I have to say about that...

Ron C