Re: [DL] Statement (AKA the Change of Subject (review of Collegium))

Steve Peterson wrote:

> <snip>

Skip the bull.  We're used to getting the truth.  We like the truth.
Hiding the Truth makes us angry.  If you be upfront and honest we'll be a
lot more receptive to you and Cybergames.com as a whole.  Out of
curiosity, what finally convinced you that someone from Cybergames.com
needed to get onto the list?  I know it has flared up a few arguments,
but I think that having a presense here has at least eased some of our
minds.  Now, that said, on to the review...

> All of that, though, is really secondary to the purpose of this list.
> This list is for fans of Deadlands, and therefore what's really
> important is not speculation about the process of producing Deadlands
> products, but the Deadlands products themselves. As products are
> released we want to hear what you think of them, so we can continue
> to improve the products in the future. Collegium was just released,
> so we'd hope to get some feedback about what you think of the
> product. When Waste Warriors comes out soon, we'd like to hear
> comments about that.

Ok, here's what one of my players had to say about Collegium (Mine still
hasn't shown yet, I'm a subscriber.  I know there was a communication
error about the whole subscription thing between Cybergames.com and
Pinnacle, so I'll forgive you, just this once... but I better get Waste
Warriors on time.)  My player was a little disappointed.  He said he was
hoping for New Mad Science Rules.  He liked the gadgets and everything,
but the Gomorra story stuff didn't really interest him.  I think he
wanted the Mad scientist rules to come out more like the Junker Rules
from HOE.  Something that gives you a device that was a little more
predictable (not reliable, just predictable.).  Anyways, that's about all
he had to say about it.

> It's important for us to hear what you'd like to see in new products,
> so that we can factor that in when making product decisions. What
> would you like to see in future Deadlands products?

I want the HOE setting to give us the stuff we have been waiting for.
Namely, Denver, The Unity, and The East (I've got a posse in which
everyone has big britches, and they're just itchin to go out East).  And
while we're at it, GIVE US LOST COLONY!!!  I have Three different groups
that want to play that game and it hasn't even been released yet!!  Could
you do us all a favor and please stick to the last release date that was
given to us, which was March I think.  I know that with all the
acquisition business that may not be possible, but please come as close
to march as you can... or at least out by July (Consider it a birthday
present to me.)

> I'll be gone for the next few days, so I won't be reviewing or
> responding to this list for some time.
> --
> - Steve Peterson, Cybergames.com

Well, that's my input for today, I look forward to seeing a response.

--Dirk

P.S.  Please post a tentative release schedule.