Re: [Re: [DL] Striking Doomtown]

deadlands@gamerz.net wrote:

> > Also, the only real reason that the CCG failed was the delay in
> Hasbro/Wizards
> > dropping it and then taking forever to get back up with Alderaac.
>
> Hmm, does this sound like anything else we're seeing?
>
> Nick Zachariasen

Yeah, I know.  The CCG crashed and burned because there was too long of a
time frame with no new products.  The problem with both CCGs and RPGs is that
the average player loves to spend their money.  This is not a problem when
you are putting out products in a timely fashion.  However, if you go too
long without anything new, they suddenly have this extra money that was set
aside in expectation that has instead gone unspent.  They may wait a bit
before spending it, but they won't wait long.  The craving to open packs of
cards or flip through the pages of a new book just becomes overwhelming.  So
if there is nothing new to buy, they have a tendency to try a new product
line.  Often times that leads them to forget about the previous product line
and instead to swap mindsets to the new game.  The main fear I have about the
RPG is that this will happen as well.  CCG and RPG fans typically are always
wanting to try something new, and things like this provide perfect excuses.
I just hope Cybergames relizes that the longer they wait, the more interest
dwindles.  I am sure they have already lost a large percentage of their
customer base.

Ogy Joe
--

"He who limits himself to a single destination leaves no room to wander."
-Ogy Joe

COMING SOON:
Alternate Dimensions Online
http://www.adonline.net

Contact me:

ICQ #: 17845261
Note Doomtown when requesting authorization.

Yahoo Messenger:  ogy_joe

E-Mail:  OgyJoe@netscape.net
Alternate E-Mail:  ogyjoe@sorryasslosers.com
(ACTUAL ADDRESS AND NOT JUST A JOKE)

Get your own FREE, personal Netscape Webmail account today at
http://webmail.netscape.com/