Re: [DL] Beyond Grit???

> To clarify, I intend for hte possee to turn in their five grit to get the
> heroism, thus going back to 0 grit. They will need the +2 then as they drop
> from +5 on all fear checks to effectively +3 including the +1 on all rolls.

Yep that's how I read it.  It's just that for a horror game as soon
as you start getting into the +3/+4 level of grit, things really stop
becoming scary unless you happen to be jumped in a deadland by some
awful creature - which seems OTT when it happens a couple of times
in rapid succession.  So I would probably just allow them to trade in
their bravery for the ability to survive a little longer and then let
them build it back up again, this time with the possibility to get 6
grit rather than 5, before they move on to the second level (However
I wouldn't see many getting this far)

> Now I must admit I like heroic campaigns where hte party gathers weird
> powers and becomes visably better than normal dudes, just my style.

Even at their creation my posse couldn't be confused with
normal dudes :-)

Roy
All internet traffic to this site is
automatically scanned for viruses