[DL] Dropping in

I hate to invade Shane's list like this so feel free to tell me to take this
off-list, but I wanted to clarify something.

I draw a distinction between opinion reviews and certification reviews.

Opinion reviews should be honest, blunt and up-front.  Good or bad.

I'm interested in certification reviews.  These reviews are probably better
described as "overviews" and are used to be a companion to a product
listing.  This overview tells what the product does, what it is and how it
does it.

Once we have the overview, we post it to the site and allow the "opinion" to
flow with consumers ranking, ranting and otherwise telling their tale about
the product.

I think that calling them reviews is not precise since it's not exactly what
I'm looking for.

Overviews simply state the factual information about the product so anyone
else can opine about it.

I hope that helps clarify this.

Cheers,

Jared Nielsen