Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010202

 >this sounds a bit funny, but it still doesn't address the issue of
 >complicated gizmos (eg a submersible) having high reliability most/all of
 >the time, due to the high roll required in order to get the cards. I know
 >that  labs and books etc etc help, but I consider them separate from the
 >main 'system'.

Think of it this way - any two-bit tinker can put a gatling pistol
together, but it takes pure GENIUS to build a time travel device.

There is nothing excluding the easier items from achieving the higher
reliability rolls - it's just that sloppier work can "make do" and still
get results.

And ultimately, the higher rolls only increase the chance of getting the
higher hands - it's not guaranteed. While it's not the way to bet, a
straight five card draw could possibly get a royal flush.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

A blind man fully realizes that he is blind.  Still, that does not help him
see.