Re: [DL] Legend and Black chip mechanics

"B.D. Flory" <bflory@frontiernet.net> wrote:

> | Hi guys, the Marshal asked me to get some
> | clarification on this; I don't know whether to be
> | worried or excited!
> |
> | The big question is whether these things are one shot
> | wonders or if they go back into the pot after they're
> | used, effectively increasing the pot permanently.
>
> Legend chips are not returned to the pot after use.  I don't know about
> black chips, as I've never used them in my games.

Actually, with a Legend Chip (unless it's a one-time award, like those given
out for lowering local Fear Levels), the chip does go back into the pot
unless it is used to re-roll, in which case it is gone.

I use Black Chips the same way, except that I also allow players to draw
them, in which case they sit in their hand like a malignant lump of Ghost
Rock, taking up one of their available chip spaces, until I (the Marshal)
spend it, on plot elements going awry.  Then it leaves play, sadly.

--
Ross Coburn
coburn@sympatico.ca