RE: [DL] Doomtown book - get it or not?

-----Original Message-----
Okay, so this had made me curious.  What exactly are
the Doomtown Faction Books?  Specifically, I'm
wondering if The Agency is a generic book on The
Agency (how it operates, more details on its
headquarters, etc, etc) or is it more a Doomtown
Faction Book on just the Agency's presence in Gommora?
--------------------------

Jesse,

The Agency Book, while it makes mention of Gommorrah as one of the "Hot
Spots" being dealt with in the West, is all about the Agency and its doings.
The adventures that I mentioned (Rain of Terror and Ghost Busters) are both
set partially against the backdrop of post-Event  Gommorah.  In that sense,
the book would be a useful introduction to any Marshall running those
adventures (more extended descriptions of the major players in town, etc.).
It is not, however, at all necessary to run the adventures.

That being said, it's an interesting read and, I think, worth the price of
admission.  As a Marshall, I have used it to help build up the Weird West
indirectly (I have one of the Whatley's cousins riding through the west with
a curiosity circus -- Melville Whatley's Menagerie of Weird Monsters...or
something like that).

Matt