Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010226

--- Wesley Robinson <bunnyguru@hotmail.com> wrote:
> To the Marshal that wrote the above you might be
> happier playing a game such
> as Dictators and Tyrants.  Get real.  My Marshal is
> responsible for my
> character(s) when I play the campain HE/SHE is
> running and when I am Marshal
> I am responsible for HIS/HER character(s) when they
> are playing the campaign
> I am running period.  Whatever else they pursue is
> of no intrest to me
> unless they want to include it in the campaign(and
> you can never have enough
> ideas).

Keep in mind (a) not everyone plays in a group where
more than one person Marshal's, and (b) a good portion
of this game is based on the Marshal having access to
information others don't.  In this type of game,
restricting information is VITAL to maintaining a
game's long term plans.  As my Marshal put it, he's
invested an awful lot of money in this setting, and he
considers the dime novels and other pre-generated
modules his pension.

DeadLands would be reduced to Hack and Slash on a lot
of levels if everyone knew every stat for every
monster.  Obviously everyone runs things their own
way, but it's not very civil to jump down someone's
throat for stating theirs.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen