RE: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010226

<snip Dictators and Tyrants>

Lighten up, Francis.

;)

I think Wishkah's post was a little more tongue-in-cheek than it was given
credit for.
"Control of information" is a crucial element of presenting a
horror/mystery/investigation-themed game.

Asking you players not to "spoil" the game is perfectly acceptable. If
they're novices, you ask them to not read the Marshal's section. If they're
experienced, you ask them to willing "play ignorant." GMs have to use
different dramatic tools to run a good game. In-character consequences for
out-of-character knowledge is just one of them. Doesn't make his style any
better or worse than yours. I'm pretty sure you use a tool or two when you
run a game that doesn't jibe with others, either.
And I'm certainly not putting up my GM-ing style up as any sort of paragon.

Basically, if it works for their party, no need to insult it.

Sandor