Re: [DL] Re: deadlands-digest.20010226

> Asking you players not to "spoil" the game is perfectly acceptable. If
> they're novices, you ask them to not read the Marshal's section. If
they're
> experienced, you ask them to willing "play ignorant." GMs have to use
> different dramatic tools to run a good game. In-character consequences for
> out-of-character knowledge is just one of them. Doesn't make his style any
> better or worse than yours. I'm pretty sure you use a tool or two when you
> run a game that doesn't jibe with others, either.
> And I'm certainly not putting up my GM-ing style up as any sort of
paragon.

I agree totally. Should a player who has played DL before know some of the
secrets of the game is perfectly fine in my book as long as he keeps them a
secret. If said player starts blurting out info that will mess up your game
then it's time to start enacting penalties. Now that being said, it's better
for novice players not to stray from the players section. That way it makes
the game more interesting as they finally do discover the truth.

Have Another Day!
Dave Panseri
gaidaigoji@home.com

 "You look like death," Gloria observed. "Been burning the temple candle at
both ends again?"
"Piss off," said the Dalai Lama, "I'm meditating."
~Armageddon: The Musical