[DL] Care and Feeding of a Marshall

--- "Munther, Sven"
<SM518726@EXCHANGE.DENMARK.NCR.COM> wrote:
> Adams
> obligations is to entertain the players - nothing
> else.

And what about the MARSHALL having fun?  I don't buy
the "it's your job to entertain the players" argument
because it's so one-sided.  If you wanted to just
entertain a group of players then narrate a story,
don't roll dice and risk anything going a way you
don't want it to.  I haven't GM'd very much myself,
but it would sure bore me to death and burn me out to
do nothing but give players what they wanted session
after session.  Players dislike "Monty Hall" GM's for
the same reason; nothing you're handed every tastes as
sweet as something you've earned.

Plus, an unhappy Marshal can do one of two things:
quit, or decided to take they players down with him.
Near prospect is pretty.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Maggie Jensen