Re: [DL] The old Powergamer question

Hi
My Handle is Dregg, I have been a lurker on this list
for sometime, and I quess I would like to put my Two
cents in...

I too in the past have had a Troublesome player,
someone who would Cheat on rolls, Change his character
actions and lie about them. He was not happy unless he
was a power house and when punished he would whine for
days.
Well the methods I tried never worked...
1. Talking to him: Well all this did was piss the
player off, he swore on his Mothers grave that he was
not a cheater, and his presence in the game was the
only thing saving it... Blah Blah Blah. Of course he
promised to do better, but went back to being a
Schmuck right away.
2. Fudgeing Roll to kill his character: This was
unfair of me to do, but as hard as I tried His Rolls
would match or out due mine (Cheating again) so
killing him was out of the question, and the other PC
were too underpowered to take him down.

My final desicion...
I never invited him back, he has been barred from
every game I have ever ran since.

We are still friends cause he's too much of a pompous
Arse to realise that He could be banned for his
behavior, he just thinks everyone just has conflicting
schedules.

I have never run DL even though I have owned a copy of
the book since the late 90's...
I soon hope to pull my New group into a game, I just
need to ween them from the D&D mindset

Dregg

--- Allan Seyberth <darious@darious.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >Kick this jerk out of your game.
>  >
>  >He displays no respect for you or the other
> players.

> Urp.  I missed this line.  I've got a method to deal
> with cheaters, and a
> method to deal with evil characters, but you might
> want to think about
> letting this guy go.

=====
"Hmmm.. I thought you'd be dead by now." - Book of Mope, Chapter 19 "Gothic Break-ups"

Irc#61658179

Join the Long Island Goth/Industrial list
http://www.e-groups.com/group/LI_Gothindustrial