Re: [DL] Forum on GO

>I think that was a decision made by the folks at Gaming Outpost, and its
>doubtful that Pinnacle was contacted.
Of this I have no doubt. The question was "when," not "how."

>If you don't want to pay, then don't.  It's not a big
>amount of money

Of this I am aware. It's the principle that no notice was given which irks me. I believe that such a thing, no matter how minimal the cost, was handled badly. I think it is "horse-puck" to suddenly require payment for a service that was free 24 hours ago with no explanation or advanced notice. I do not hold Pinnacle to blame, but encourage them to either move off of G.O. or at the very least inform visitors to their site of the situation. Frankly, it's apathetic responses to such things as this which allow and encourage them to do things like this with impunity.

>and while I can understand your frustration, I don't know
>that venting to the listserve is going to bring a resolution to your anger.

I seek not resolution to my anger, but an answer to my question "When did the "official" Deadlands forum on G.O. become a paid site?"
I thought someone here might have said information, since G.O. has not been forthcoming with a response.

Perhaps I also sought to inform those who may not have known of a situation I find shady at best which may concern them.