Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

At 11:28 PM 6/12/2001 -0700, you wrote:
 >>My only reason for picking up Deadlands D20 is to convert Weird Wars  >to
 >>the Deadlands system.
 >
 >Well yeah, but as a friend pointed out to me, there's a way, at least in
 >HOE, that allows you to get away with running anything you damned well
 >please,making the d20 book very valueble by cutting the down time in rule
 >translations and whatnot....Ever hear of "The Wizards's Tower"? Thanks to
 >the conversion book, I can quickly snag or borrow those really nasty
 >"Quick-better-hand-me-another-character-sheet" Dungeon Crawls, like the Tomb
 >of Horrors and then terrorise my posse with em!
 >
 >Either that or just seeing El Ravager and Knuckles try their darndest to
 >knock off with their crossbows and Hackmaster +12s good ol Stone....now that
 >might be some pretty good amusement.

Oh yeah - I'm looking forward to it. . .

DM: "The NPC, having reloaded his pistol twice and emptied his shotgun into
you, being out of ammo now swings his shotgun and hits for 5 points of
damage.  How many hitpoints do you have left?"

Player:"32."

DM: "And what do you do?"

Player: "I take out the third bundle of dynamite and again stuff it down
the npc's pants.  I do. . . 19 points of damage."

DM "Okay - that third bundle dropped him to -4 hitpoints, he is now
bleeding and unconscious at your feet. . . "

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

I am no stranger to loud music. I've been to a Mitch Ryder and the Detroit
Wheels concert. I once dated a woman with two kids.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke