Re: Re: [DL] Re: deadlands D20

> Now, my point was, you can trash a system all you want, but give me a
valid
> reason to dislike it. I do not like the
> "oh-he-gave-a-bad-example-so-I-am-going-to-say-the-whole-thing-sucks"
thing.
> It is in bad taste and does not contribute to anything.
>
> Who knows? Maybe Peg has built a fantastic version of D20 that will change
> lot of minds.
>

> And I want to apologize to the person who posted their character they were
> playing. I really did not mean to trash you. If you and your group like to
> play high-power characters, more power to ya(pun intended).
> It is not my personal style, but everyone is different, and I do not think
> anyone is wrong in their play style. No flame intended from me.
>
> And I also want to apologize to anyone who thinks this is OT. I beleive it
> is on topic, so I am posting on it.

No offense taken.  I'm not the power gamer of the group.  Despite what you
might think I'm no where near the heavy hitter of the party.  An 11th level
gunslinger has some nice advantages when it comes down to guns, but in a
game where most things you run into can eat you whole, I tend not to make
much of a dent.  The range of the weapon is my selling point.  I can do
about 30-40 points of damage per shot with three to four attacks per round.
I'm not going to crit all that often because confirming a crit is more harsh
than rolling the crit in the first place.  When you run into frost giants
who are 2nd level druids 1st level rangers you tend to try and run first and
shoot second.

To be frank I don't like the fact that guns aren't more lethal, but i'm
shooting at a beholder mage that's flying upside down inside a cavern 1,000
feet underground, I really have to tone my expectations to fit the system.

Ron Conner