[DL] Healing (D&D and Deadlands)

> On 6/13/01 5:49 PM, Munch Wolf wrote the following:

> One thing I never understood about D&D (or in this
> case D20) was how healing worked.  If hit points
> represented someone's ability to avoid damage, and not
> actual "damage capacity", then healing should be on a
> percentile base, not on a point base.  Curing a light
> wound on a first level fighter (say 10 hps) should do
> just that, cure a light wound (like 1 or 2 points).
> Curing a light wound on a 15th level fighter with over
> 100 hps should cure 10 - 20 hps, since for him that
> would be a light wound.  Just because someone is more
> skilled, they heal slower?

Actually in our old (like 18 years ago old!) Arduin/D&D game, healing spells
worked just that way.   A Cure Light Wounds healed something like 25% of
your total.   So if you had 100 hit points a cure light wounds would restore
25 hit points.  And more powerful healing spells had a higher percentage.

How to bring this back on topic...

Well I've been out of Deadlands for quite some time now, but I am coming
back!  Anyway, what types of healing exist in Deadlands, if any?

Thanks!

Take care,

Derek