Re: [DL] Question about the GenCon Dinner

>> Are you going to RSVP multiple times for two spots, indicating that
you'll
>> be eating, which causes the organizers to lay out two dinners worth of
>>cash on your behalf, and then show up late and claim that you're not
really
>> hungry after all?

>I sense bitterness.

>No, unlike the Origins dinners, I actually eat at the GenCon. I ask this
>because I need to know, and I'm praying it doesn't conflict like it always
>does at Origins with a certain Live Action Reading that you couldn't attend
>this year, Sandy :)

>GG

No bitterness, just a gaping hole in my wallet.

As I make abundantly clear *EVERY* year, I personally put up $25 per person
to the restaurant before the dinner begins to purchase the food and use of
the room.

If you RSVP for dinner (which you did), I pay $25/dinner to the restaurant
and you normally pay me back at the door when you show up.

If you RSVP for dinner, and then show up claiming that you don't want any
food, I've already paid the restaurant $25 per reserved dinner, and receive
nothing from you. You RSVP'd multiple times for a spot, and then decided not
to show up to eat, hence, the $25 size hole in my wallet.

As to the scheduling conflict, I refer to the question #8 of the Origins
Listserve Dinner FAQ, which is prominently promoted for 2+ months before
each dinner:

"8) This schedule conflicts with some of my other activities! (AKA "The
Kimmet Clause")

This is probably true. A convention as large as Origins has many wonderful
opportunities and events, more than anyone could possibly attend. We must
all make hard decisions as to how we spend our time. Dinner will be served
at 9:00 PM. It is served buffet-style which means that by 10:00 one or the
other of the entree choices may have been finished off."

Sandy