Re: [DL] New Posse

----- Original Message -----
From: Erebus Newmoon <erebusnewmoon@hotmail.com>
To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 2:27 AM
Subject: [DL] New Posse

<snip>

> My posse, while heroic, is a rather skittish bunch.

Okay, as I see it there is a way around this that is slightly more subtle
than outright stating your Players should spend Bounty on Guts. I work on
the basis that, for the most part, my posse can only spend bounty to develop
skills that they already have (unless they have a damn good reason),
especially at the start of a campaign, with emphasis on those they've used
successfully. So throw something small at them (remember, wolves and spiders
have terror ratings), and make them feel better about themselves. Subtly
guide them - "Okay, you can spend Bounty on this, this and this", and let
them build up their guts, so that you can start to throw bigger and meaner
critters at their screaming minds.

Sam de Smtih