Re: [DL] 'ore 'ouses

Hi,
    I seem to recall that the standard fee was $2 for a night of sin
including bath and laundrying the cowboy's clothes.  Obviously, there was
probably some variation depending any number of factors ("quality," supply
and demand, disease, etc.), but I would suggest that $2 be the median price.
              Daniel Gwyn
"Yeah, I'm bitter.  Dyin' does that to you."
Pete Josephson (1845-1878)

P.S.  The associate of $2's with vice led to the $2 dollar bill being
shunned in much of the United States and Western Canada.  It was only the
replacement of the $1 bill by the Loony (a $1 coin for you Yanks) that led
the $2 bill's brief revival in Canada west of Winnipeg.