Re: [DL] Question and Resources

>    We're starting to play Deadlands again and a wee question came up last
> night: Should all the references to specific Hex Aptitudes in Hexes and
> Hucksters be treated as if they're referring to Hexslingin'? For example,
> Black Lightning says that a Black Lightning Aptitude roll is made to hit;
> should we treat this as if it required a Hexslingin' roll?

    I'm not a master of the rules like some, but I do believe you're
correct.  I think it all goes back to when you used to have to buy each
power's level up individually.  With the revision, you have all your powers
at the level of your Hexslingin'.

>    I discovered a fantastic web site for people who like to use real
photos
> to enhance their game experiences, documents, websites, etc.. It's a
> searchable database of historic photographs. I think it's pretty specific
> to Colorado, but unless the photo somehow indicates otherwise, I see no
> reason a Marshal couldn't pretend the subject has nothing to do with
> Colorado. It's located at:

    Pretty cool website.  I have some other webpages bookmarked with
historical building floorplans and historical city maps, if you're
interested.

>    Finally, we commemorated our first night of our second Deadlands
> campaign with a chuckwagon dinner. The Better Homes and Garden Heritage
> Cookbook has a large number of semi-authentic recipes, including many that
> would be appropriate for 1870's. It's older and so is probably hard to
> find, but sitting down to a game of Deadlands while eating Cowpuncher
Stew,
> Cowboy Beans, Fried Soda Biscuits, and Bishop's Bread was worth the
> trouble.

    That's a really cool idea.  Anybody remember that Dragonlance book they
put out about the inn Tika worked in?  I used to make my mother bake the
cookie recipies when I was a kid.  I was a major geek even then.  I guess
some things just aren't destined to change. ;-)