Re: [DL] Question and Resources

 >   We're starting to play Deadlands again and a wee question came up last
 >night: Should all the references to specific Hex Aptitudes in Hexes and
 >Hucksters be treated as if they're referring to Hexslingin'? For example,
 >Black Lightning says that a Black Lightning Aptitude roll is made to hit;
 >should we treat this as if it required a Hexslingin' roll?

Not in this case.  Black Lightnin' always required a separate skill.  When
2nd edition came out and all of the Throwin' skills were tossed and
replaced with Balanced vs. Unbalanced, it was . . . implied. . . that BL
would remain a separate Throwin' skill - mostly due to play balance
considerations.

 >   Finally, we commemorated our first night of our second Deadlands
 >campaign with a chuckwagon dinner. The Better Homes and Garden Heritage
 >Cookbook has a large number of semi-authentic recipes, including many that
 >would be appropriate for 1870's. It's older and so is probably hard to
 >find, but sitting down to a game of Deadlands while eating Cowpuncher Stew,
 >Cowboy Beans, Fried Soda Biscuits, and Bishop's Bread was worth the
 >trouble.

I found a Great Depression cookbook - I figure that not too many recipes
could be too different.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

"My parents sent my brother through law school. He graduated. Now he's
suing them for wasting seven years of his life."
                 -Mike Binder