Re: [DL] The Wind Cannon

my e-mail is being screwy so i don't think my first
posting went out or not, I haven't received it through
the listserv anyway, so I apologize if the first one
goes through at some later date, but for now here it
is again

--- Casey McGirt <cmcgirt@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Second, what hand do you think is required to
> make the device?

4 of a kind, it's not rewriting the laws of science,
but it's an implausible device in the real world so it
certainly flaunts them

> First, is it balanced for play?
> Minor Malfunction:  Partial loss of air pressure
> reduces the damage to 4d4

I would change this to 3d4

> Catastrophic Malfunction:  Turbine ruptures.  The
> user takes damage as if hit by the cannon, and is
> thrown forward by the blast (compare damage vs
> Size for distance).  The wind cannon is useless
> until repaired.

this is a "catastrophic" malfunction, therefore it
should do LETHAL damage to the user (maybe the blast
of air is super-heated), 6d4 seems fine since that's
how much non-lethal damage is inflicted by the
machine. I would still have the scientist thrown
forward by the blast as well.
also, I would set a repair TN for the required
Tinkerin' roll, either 9 or 11

just my opinion
great device, by the way
-doc