From: Jeff Shoffner [mailto:shoffner@usit.net]
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2001 6:50 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: [DL] Just some screwball questions

I had a few questions to ask the gallery; maybe someone knows the
answers....

First off, why does the fourth printing of the Rulebook (the one with the
Origins Award Winner! on the cover) cost five bucks more than the previous
edition, but it has more stuff cut out of it?

Why is it every single mad scientist I've seen in a published adventure has
no dementias listed?

Why is it some of the 'tough hombres' in the Law Dogs book aren't all that
tough?  I mean, half of them have a Shootin' pistol of 5d10 or 5d12; if
they're all that great, shouldn't it be more like 7d12 instead?  Heck, we
have a martial artist in our group with a Fightin': Martial Arts skill of
8D12 now.

Same thing with critters; nothing more annoying than having a really
troubling critter put in a place to cause trouble, then have Mr. Kung Fu
come into hand to hand range, & rearrange the critter's face.

Speaking of Mr. Kung Fu guy; can anyone think of a good way to 'challenge"
this guy?  By challenge, I mean potentially KILL him.  "You face five guys
with guns." draw actions cards, KF goes first 'I go up to guy #1 & hit him
with Devestating Ape Stike' rolling, I hit for 53 points of damage.' "Okay,
guy #2 shoots you with his pistol, (rolling) & hits with a 17"  'Oh yeah? I
vamoose & Seize the Pearl of Death, (rolling) & catch it, (more rolling) &
throw it back with a 39 to hit, which would easily put it in his head (more
rolling) & do a whopping 44 points of damage.'  "::::sigh:::: Okay, two
down." 'My turn again, I do Fury Fans the Flames against #3 (lots of
rolling) & hit him fifty-three gazillion times with a combined damage total
that turns him into a human slurpee.' ":::::sigh.....::::"

Jeff Shoffner