[DL] Re: Points based character creation

The solution to that problem will be published soon,
it is GURPS Deadlands. Character creation in GURPS is
point based (with other optional random or semi-random
systems).

I am looking forward to it but I don't think I would
ever run it.

GURPS has quite a history of doing versions of other
game systems. My favourites were the White Wolf line,
not because I like them (I have big problems with
them) but becuase of a story.
White Wolf cancelled the deal, the reason was that the
GURPS books were better written than the origionals -
you could actually make sense of the Mage background
(remember this was back in the first edition days,
though I doubt if things have improved much).

I don't know if it is true but I certainly found the
GURPS versions to be much easier to understand.

Michael