[DL] Retiring a character: (spoilers)

     I have been thinking about retiring my first
character.  I hardly ever play him anymore.  My first
character was a Huckster, and his name was Tom Conner.
 This was a wonderful character to play.  He was
Harrowed too.  The best time I rolled was when the
character was blood boiling mad.  He got that way
sometimes, especially when you messed with his friends
of which he was "Loyal"(hindrance) to.  I would expect
that this character was most like me than any other I
have ever played, of course, it was my first.  ...and
my first roleplaying game. :)
      My idea is that I will simple put him to rest
and leave some notes from his adventures in the Weird
West and on.  He made cameos in the Wasted West.  That
put a smile on my face.  From the original adventures,
he had placed in his head even before becoming
harrowed, a manitou.  It was placed there by one of
those villians you just love to hate.  Anyway, there
is a curse to picking up the items that Tom will leave
behind, a gift. :)  Along with the notes and stories
that he will leave behind will be a second edition
Hoyles Book of Games.  He did earn it and it was his.
So in his death, I leave it to another character.  Of
course, I will also leave a riddled letter behind of
what is to be done with the gifts left behind.
Basically, if they pick anything up to take, they will
get a manitou, kinda like "a pact."

Mark E. Gerke

"Late last night and the night before,
Tommyknockers, Tommyknockers, knockin' at your door.
I want to go out, don't know if I can, 'cause I'm so
afraid of the Tommyknocker man."     -Traditional