Re: [DL] Newbie Question

>1.  If I had a stat, say Deftness of 2D6 and a Shootin' aptitude is 1.
>When
>shooting at some varmit, do I roll 2D6? 1D6? or 3D6?  Can someone explain
>this to me.  Its the main confusion I have with the game.

It would be 1D6.  Now in first edition if your character didn't have
shooting and tried to shoot.  He would roll his 2D6 Deftness but at a minus
8 to the roll.  These rules have been changed in 2nd edition though.  You
can go to the PEG website and in the Deadlands sections there is a list of
changes to the rules.

>2. Has anyone come up with a system to remove the cards mechanic from the
>game.  I love the idea but my players are traditionalists and balk at
>anything that isn't a purely dice game.  I am still trying to maneuver them
>but I need a backup plan. I wanna play Deadlands!

First off Kick you friends in the teech(j/k) if they refuse to try anything
different :) .  Part of the reason Deadlands works so well is the use of
cards and chips helps players get into the Cowboy mood.  But if you have to
you can do this.

Everyone rolls there quickness.  Highest roll goes first then count down for
that.  You can then act at you highest initiative and then every five points
afterwards.

Example

Clint E. and John W. are getting into a fight.

Clint has a quickness of 3D12, John has a 4D8

Clint Rolls a 21, John Rolls a 17.

Clint gets an action at 21, 16, 11, 6, and 1

John gets actions at 17, 12, 7, and 2.

Essential there getting the same amount of actions that they would have got
cards if they used them.  I don't know how you'd do cards up the sleave.
Really I think the cards are a way better system though

Dan