Re: [DL] Multiple Arcane Backgrounds

As far as I know with respect to arcane backgrounds the only limit is that
you cannot take more than one arcane background that requires a "faith" in
something.  This means no shaman/voodoo/blessed or any derivitives(sp?) of
the three.  Anything else seems to be fair game and quite allowable.  Within
published Deadlands material there is a blessed/mad scientist and Percy
Sitgreaves who by the end of his career was a huckster/mad scientist/shaman.

That said if a player wants to mix and match arcane backgrounds make them
justify why their character would have all these abilities.  I also wouldn't
worry about this unbalancing the game too much, a player who has to buy
levels of hexslingin', chi, faith and mad science is going to take a long
time to become much of a threat.