Re: [DL] unheroic heroes, part duex

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net> wrote:
> I've got a quandry about my current group.  What do
> you do when the posse
> does something that is not "good guy"?

well, now that i've read everyone else's responses
no, don't give them hindrances
no, don't give them corruption points
no, don't penalize them bounty that they earned in
other areas

yes, give them hindrances if the "bloodthirsty"
behavior persists
yes, give them corruption points if their "evil"
tendencies become stronger
yes, don't give them a bounty award for a scenario if
they abandon it

let me tell a story:
i had a player in my group who was playing a
voodooist, she was in Gomorra scouting out the train
station and rail line set up by Sweetrock, and one of
her orders was to undermine the business to the best
of her ability
everett, the player, plotted out a thorough and
exacting way of destroying a train and damaging the
station, he didn't say anything to me about his plan
his character poses as a hairdresser in Gomorra and
has happened to cut the hair of one of the conductors
who works on the rail line, and during some downtime
in one of the sessions everett put his plan into
effect
using hair and blood from the conductor and hair from
another rail worker, he managed to knock unconscious
the two people running the train into the station
using his voodoo abilities
i was stunned, i could've pulled a rabbit out of my
hat and found a way of stopping the train, thus
foiling his plan, but instead i let it come to
fruition, you see according to the map of Gomorra in
Doomtown or Bust, the schoolhouse is right across the
street from the ending of the rails
the train came to the end of the line, skipped across
the road and landed quite cleanly into the
schoolhouse, several people on board the train died
including the conductor, everything happened at night
so none of the kids in town died, but for the most
part everett's character got away with it
rewards= i gave everett a blue chip because it was
ingenius the way he pulled it off and i really didn't
see it coming, the character's boss sent her a huge
sum of money
penalties= the whateley family discovered the true
cause of the incident and having already suspected her
"arcane" nature decided to keep an eye on her from now
on, the UHF who was currently terrorizing children at
the school (how do you terrorize kids who are so happy
from their schoolhouse being destroyed) decided to
start terrorizing the voodooist, the sioux union
shaman were alerted to the "arcane" activities

to rephrase an earlier statement "for every
player-character action, there are equal and opposite
non-player-character reactions"

-doc