Re: [DL] How Do You Do That Voodoo That You Do So Well?

In order to use Voodoo, a character needs the Arcane
Background: Voodoo edge (3 points), they need at least
1 point in Faith: Voodoo, the character will need at
least 1 point in the Conjurin' skill if they want to
cast spells (acts like Hexslingin'), and though it's
not required, a Voodooist can also have a Favored
Chaul (very similar to the Guardian Spirit edge)

Voodoo powers tend to be very weak however. As an
example, the famous concept of a voodoo doll (probably
one of the most powerful damage-causing spells at a
voodooist's disposal) requires alot of material
(minimum of $50 and victim's hair) and requires
several high Scroungin' and Conjurin' rolls (base TN
is 11 or 13)
Once the voodoo doll is constructed it can only be
used a number of times equal to the Voodooist's
Conjurin' skill level. And it only does Wind damage.
If used intelligently it can be truly effective, but
otherwise it's alot of resources down the drain.

If you're planning on creating the voodoo powers on
your own, I highly recommend that you at least find
some books about the religion so you understand the
basic concept behind voodoo. As a side note, the
neo-christian aspect of voodooism is lacking in the
Hexarcana book.