Re: [DL] Law Dogs revised and other stuff

--- EverWyrd <Everwyrd@everwyrd.com> wrote:
> Do they still wrangle with a manitou or
> are they performing some
> other test of wills. Since poker hands are still
> used; are they playing
> poker with something in the hunting grounds or is it
> just a convenient game
> mechanic?

In my campaign, there's a PC hexslinger named Jacque.
Now Jacque has his two heirloom Tranter pistols as his
focuses. In his test of wills with a manitou, he
envisions it as a gunfight. If he wins the ethereal
gunfight, the manitou does what he says.

I did away with the whole idea of cards as a focus for
a huckster's/hexslinger's power. Now, in my game, all
huckster/hexslinger-type characters must have a focus
(it can be almost anything).

The focus determines the shape and form of the mental
duel with the manitou. Also, the huckster/hexslinger
gets +2 to all hex-related rolls while he in in
contact with his focus (as a sidebar, Jacque the
hexslinger has a habit of using Hunch a lot. Imagine
if he wants to get his +2 focus bonus... heh heh heh).

Any help there?

James

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"