Re: [DL] Dead Presidents - Timeline (some spoilers)

At 03:02 AM 11/19/2001, Markus Finster wrote:
>Though my posse is still stuck in September of 1876, I already bought plenty
>of books already - upt to Dead Presidents (first, I like to plan a little
>bit ahead. Second - these books are very enjoying to read).
>After flipping (not reading, mind you) the Adventures, I'm a bit stumped
>about what happens when.
>I don't have the books here right now, but I think it goes like this:
>

>(Space for possible spoilers)
>

>Ghost Busters takes places after Knicknevins rampage. I don't have Doomtown
>or Bust, but as far as I know, that takes place in the beginning of 1877.
>This continues with Rain of Terror, which is, IIRC, set in the early summer
>of 1877.
>Third part of the "unofficial Gomorra-Trilogy" is Dead Presidents - set in
>Summer 1878. But the first chapter takes place after Knicknevins rampage
>(though I figured after Ghost Busters) again.
>
>So, does that mean, that it should be played Ghost Busters - First Chapter
>of Dead Presidents - Rain of Terror - Rest of Dead Presidents (filled in
>with various other adventures, of course - like Canyon of Doom)?
>Or did I get something completely wrong?

         My very first draft of DP had the story set in the Fall of 1877,
but one of the revisions I received from John Goff before he left PEG was
to change the date to the Summer of 1878. There was no explanation given at
the time, but perhaps if he's still lurking around this list, John could
shed some light on this.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God