Re: [DL] Texas Rangers

         First of all, I must apologize to "Admiral" Bryce Perry, "Marshal
Eric" Avedissian, and Sean Michael Whipkey for posting kind words here
about The Author's Cut, Back East, and my Count Chocula joke, all of which
my new mail server lost. I found these messages only by going into the
archives, and I did not wish for you good gentlemen to think your most
generous compliments went unacknowledged.
         Again, I apologize, and thank you all very much.

At 11:37 PM 11/19/2001, Munch Wolf wrote:
>It's Munch, and there's a reason I asked the question. It's a bit of a
>long story, but I'll try to make it short ...

         Please forgive me if I missed some of the finer points of this.
While casting absolutely no aspersions on you personally or your
recounting, I think you can understand why it might happen in this case.
Here's my own DL-fan opinion, based on my reading of the Lone Stars book:
         If word of this bogus Ranger gets out, the Real Deal will show up
to arrest him. If he can relate his past good deeds and convince them he
won't impersonate a Ranger again, they might let him off with a stern warning.
         If he is sullying the reputation of the Rangers, or doing anything
else that might raise Fear Levels, the Rangers will make him disappear.
Maybe he winds up in a prison somewhere south of Hell itself, or a LeMat
Undertaker makes him into a red stain on the wall. Rangers DO NOT EVER play
around when Fear Levels are at stake.
         The Bottom Line: Do whatever's most fun for all the folks in your
game--you included.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God