[DL] Back from the Evil Empire

Hi, for those of you who wondered,  I'm baaaaaaaacckk!  For those of you who
didn't, I'm baaaaaccckk!

I had a week long vacation with family at Disney World.  Since this is the
Deadlands listserv, I have decided to sum it up in the fashion of throwing
out adventure ideas I thought up while there..  (heh-heh....)

First off, while in Alien Encounter, I wondered, "Hey, what if some mad
scientist decided to come up with a means to transport people via telegraph
lines & instead of sending a person through, sent a conglomeration of
human/gremlin instead & the PCs are locked in the room with it, & it eats
the technician who is supposed to fix the device, & the PCs get splattered
with something liquid in the dark (might be blood, but it's too cold for
that...) & well, mayhem insues....."

Oooooohhh then we had the idea maybe the PCs could be sent to investigate a
travelling circus & during the adventure, they get trapped on this boatride
that subjects them to a song (It's a Small World Afterall.....) OVER & OVER
and the boats WILL NOT LET THEM OUT!!!

Then we came up with the notion of some mad scientist making up a device
that makes moving pictures, but for some reason, the critters in the
pictures come to life & there is this damn mouse that keeps popping up in
the strangest of places...

Or better yet, during the moving picture's first showing, the crowd gets
locked in the theatre & there are several screaming kids & the critters like
pop off the screen & get into the audience...

What else?   Hmmm, how about the PCs are trapped in this too good to be real
type town where everything is quadruple the price of what it should be & the
townspeople seem to be very cheery all the time & no matter how you travel
or which direction you go, you always wind up (A) back in the town and/or
(B) in the town, but now where you want to be....

Anything else?  Oh yeah, the PCs are hired by a mad scientist to be test
subjects, I mean, explorers for a new type of travelling wagon that can go
through time & he wants them to go back to the dinosaur age & grab a living
specimen, but as it turns out, the whole thing is a hoax & the PCs spend a
lot of time riding around in a simple buckboard that is being pulled around
inside a darkened warehouse or some such.  Of course, the PCs don't know
this at first....

Then we could have the PCs try out Otis' latest invention, the elevator, in
a hotel, but unbeknownst to them, Otis has inadvertantly created a portal to
the Hunting Grounds, & worse still, when the PCs get on the elevator, all
they do is go UP & DOWN & UP & DOWN over & over again, going from Hunting
Grounds to the Real World, & never knowing which one they'll finally end up
in....

Okay, I think I've said enough....

Jeff S.