Re: [DL] Re: [DLd20] Mad Science Skill

> > In Deadlands d20, there's a skill called "Mad Science". Reasonably
> > enough, it's an exclusive skill for mad scientists (p. 48). My question
> > is: What does it do? According to the rulebook, a mad scientists doesn't
> > need that skill at all. On p. 114 it says that, to devise the blueprint
> > for a new device, you need the appropriate Knowledge skill (engineering,
> > biology or whatever). Then, to build it, you need Tinkerin'. So, what
> > exactly (if anything), do you need Mad Science for?
>
> It looks like you're running from 1st Edition. (...)

No, it is Deadlands d20.

I don't personally have Deadlands d20, but I guess there's an error in it.
In deadlands (original rules, 2nd edition), the blue print is made basically
with the mad science skill. Other science skills help (improve chances of
success), but are secondary.

So, I suppose it should be Mad science to create the blueprint.

Vincent Vandemeulebrouck