Re: [DL] Deadlands Console Game (Shane, PEG, OT)

>Oh - don't get me wrong - Fallout is a most excellent game.  The only
>problem is that the team did not do enough quality testing.  I suspect that
>Fallout II was buggier because the team decided  that A) They decided that
>since they were reusing their engine they didn't have to do as much testing
>and B) They wanted to do some changes to the engine . . .

I agree. I loved these games to death, and still play them a lot these days
(though Fallout II tends to drag the first hour or so you play it...once
you're into it, though...no hope of leaving). I always thought that these
games captured much of the feel of HoE...

>Or they are from animation pieces.
>Or they are copying Dreamcatcher's Necronomicon: Gateway to Beyond style
>Or they are copying System Shock (please be 1 and not 2 if they are doing
>so) and just have the graphics set to "full screen" mode.

Ack. SS 2 is one of my favorite games of all time. As classic as the first
one is, I can't get too much into it.

>That indicates that the storyline is not
>going to be tightly controlled and it may end up like that monstrosity
>called Vampire:The Masquerade Redemption.  (Hey - I will give it that the
>graphics were pretty - the game sucked - but the graphics were pretty)

Even though I was never a fan of White Wolf related stuff, I thought this
game looked neat...until I actually saw someone play it. Woof.

JP