[DL] Combat Monsters (Was: Mao The Human Cuisinart)

Jeff S wrote:

> PS for those of you who don't know Mao tHC, he's this enlightened martial
> artist that can not be harmed in combat; I've tried lots of things & he's
> too damn good at hand to hand fighting.

I had the same problem with a Templar in my HoE game. Ranged or Melee he
managed to go first (Celerity) and close the distance. Once in Melee combat
no one could touch him, they were too busy using cards to vamoose and save
their @$$e$. I found that if I put he against more subtle foes. Those that
use Overawe or Ridicule are great. In HoE I like to use Sykers but this is
the Weird West so I'll try to stick with critters that are in those books or
fit the WW from Muties Monsters and Misfits.

Here's a small list of critters I liked to through at him (sorry most are
from Muties Monsters and Misfits):

Dread Wolf (RVC pg 93); just circling and wearing the posse down.

Humbugs (RVC pg 101); the Black Magic spell Pact used to send on in the
posse's direction could be a preemptive move before attack.

Ghosts (RVC II); Always fun since punches are out of the question.

Creepin' Gulch (MMM pg 80); great use of psychological warfare.

Discord Bug (MMM pg 83); why kill you prey when they will kill each other
for you?

Night Stalker (MMM pg 99); can't chip the damage from it's
smothering...ouch!

Willow Wight (MMM pg 122); random posse member, "who keeps sending these
walking dead after us?"

Also a practitioner of Black Magic with Pact is fun, sending abomination
after abomination after the posse. Or one with Zombie tricking the posse
into a graveyard. Sure the posse can beat a few Undead but what if the
numbers are 5 (or more) to 1 against the posse.

Christopher Merrill
A W.H.A.T.T. Member