Re: [DL] Stigma (was: I have an announcement.)

> Women may be a different matter.  They can hide it a lot easier.  I'd
maybe
> make it -1/-3 instead of -3/-5.  Anyway, that's just my two cents (or
> however much this has been).

I wouldn't see it as a hindrance for women. Because for decades (and
probably as well in the backwater regions in the Wild West) homosexual men
were perverts, sick, disgusting (fill in any negativ adjectiv you like) to
the rest of society.
Homosexual women, on the other hand, just hadn't found the right man.
So I guess, if a cowpoke tells his friends that he's gay - they would
probably frown upon that. A woman telling it other women would arouse
curiosity - and if she tells it a man who's hitting on her, she wouldn't be
taking seriously.

So, if you want to make it a hindrance for females as well, it should be
definitly be a minor one.

Markus