[DL] RE: Deadlands d20 -- Taking 10 ad nauseum

Actually this thread is getting old, but it mystifies me that so many
people have got Taking 10 and Taking 20 all complicated and confused.

From PHB61, the key phrase is: "When you are not in a rush and not being
threatened or distracted, you may choose to take 10." Rushed, threatened
or distracted.  Note that there is nothing in there about time or
materials. Taking 10 takes no longer in game time than rolling normally,
nor does it require abnormally favorable conditions or materials of any
kind.

Happy Gaming =)

screenmonkey

> Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:20:56 -0500
> From: coyote@net-link.net
> Subject: RE: [DL] Taking 10
[snip]
> Actually it's a short hand method of resolving a challenge without
> relying
> upon a die roll. If the GM/DM/Marshal/whatever decides you have
> adequate
> time and materials on hand you may opt to take 10 instead of leaving
> it up
> to chance. You add all applicable modifiers to 10 to determine the
> outcome
> of a challenge.
>
> >>Joseph C. Wolf

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!