[DL] My god this game rules

I was introduced to Deadlands a few weeks ago, having been a long time
Storyteller of White Wolf's World of Darkness.	I played a game and loved
it.  Now, I just realized that it's even cooler than I thought.  I just
Martialed my first Deadlands homebrew.	Basically it was a 'sequel' to the
'Last Stop" story on the Pinnacle page.  There is a far more interesting
group dynamic in my Deadlands Saga than there's been in my WoD games for a
while and the role-playing is top notch and the combat, though a bit slow
(learnin a new system usually is though) is intense and entertaining.  I do
however have a few questions.  They're about fate chips.  First, how much
is a Legend Chip worth when used to augment a dice roll?  Second, When I
hand out Fate Chips, do I take 'em from the fate pot, or do I give them
from a 'micellanious magical pool of chips?"  Sorry if these are ansewered
in the books, but I have an older version of Deadlands, which I don't think
has the ansewers.