Re: [DL] My god this game rules (spoiler)

.

.

.

I usually run legend chips like this - they are magic. They are
salvation. They are the be-all-and-end-all. It's a favor from Lady Luck.
They can be an instant success for some moderate (TN 5-7), or a big
bonus (+4) to rolls for harder rolls (TN 9-11). I also say they can
"Bend reality" just a bit - IE if your posse is cross-town when
something big is going down, a legend chip can let them take a short cut
and be there for the whole thing (I'm a little strict on being where
things are happening, if your not there, then your going to miss it, and
have to hear it second hand from someone). Legend chips give their
abilities for Knacks (if you have the Revised Marshall's Guide). As for
the Fate pot - everything is from the fate pot. Marshall and posse both
draw from the same pot - my only thing is Marshall always gets first
draw. Using legend chips, I say when they are used, they are a gone.
They are a one-time thank you from Lady Luck. Also note, that Marshall
shouldn't take Legend chips. They're for the posse - you can have Black
Chips (the rules for Black Chips are on peginc.com, I believe, but the
general idea is that when the posse screws up big time, raises local
fear level, ect, Lady Luck tosses a black chip in the pot, which is a
legend chip for the marshall only, though I don't give the players a
minus for drawing it, just as marshall don't get a plus for getting the
Legend chip.)

-Stryfe

On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 06:22  AM, Jim Bowers wrote:

> I was introduced to Deadlands a few weeks ago, having been a long time
> Storyteller of White Wolf's World of Darkness.	I played a game and loved
> it.  Now, I just realized that it's even cooler than I thought.  I just
> Martialed my first Deadlands homebrew.	Basically it was a 'sequel'
> to the
> 'Last Stop" story on the Pinnacle page.  There is a far more interesting
> group dynamic in my Deadlands Saga than there's been in my WoD games
> for a
> while and the role-playing is top notch and the combat, though a bit
> slow
> (learnin a new system usually is though) is intense and entertaining.
> I do
> however have a few questions.  They're about fate chips.  First, how
> much
> is a Legend Chip worth when used to augment a dice roll?  Second, When I
> hand out Fate Chips, do I take 'em from the fate pot, or do I give them
> from a 'micellanious magical pool of chips?"  Sorry if these are
> ansewered
> in the books, but I have an older version of Deadlands, which I don't
> think
> has the ansewers.

> 	unsubscribe deadlands

             ____