[DL] Names in Books [Shane, PEG]

I've heard something about this before, and I noticed
it recently while looking for adventures to run my
group through, but people who are on this list
sometimes have their names inside the books.
How did this happen?
Did they contribute to the book in some way?
Are they friends with Shane?
Have they just been around and playing Deadlands so
much that everyone at PEG knows who they are so, what
the hey!, let's throw them into the book?
I want details!
Spill the beans!

Actually, I'm just curious how I would go about
getting my own name in one of the adventures or
supplements. It would be such an honor, and not to
mention a big declaration to all of my non-gamer
friends of just how big of a nerd I really am.
-doc