Re: [DL] Scientist in the Lone Stars

In a message dated 2/27/02 11:24:31 PM Eastern Standard Time, Unseenlibrarian@aol.com writes:

In a message dated 2/27/2002 10:10:49 PM Central Standard Time,
Brumy8@aol.com writes:

>  P.S. -
>    Does anyone think it would be a bad thing for an Operative/Ranger to
have
> knowledge of patchwork science?  Perhpas they would be viewed as a wildcard
> or loose cannon?

I'm not sure if this is what you were asking, but I made a "Patchwork" edge
for Harrowed in my game. Cost ran from 3-5, and each level was one additional
hit location that had to be 'put down' before the harrowed could be killed.
That is 3: You've got one additional location that has to be taken to maimed
before you die. 4: 2 additional locations. 5: 3 additional locations. My
campaign was very centered on the Maze, however.

Very close, but no.  Patchwork Science appeared in the City o' Lost Angels sourcebook and the Last Stop adventure on the PEG website.  For Patchwork Science, think of the novel Frankenstien.  A monster moving under its own power cobbled together from various "donors", to kill the beastie you have to kill each and every part of the creature that is not part of the originonal "donor" to keep it down.