Re: [DL-OT] Re: [DL] Time for an official ruling

 >There's seems to be a lot of confusion going on about the number of bullets
 >a player can spray into the air per action. If a character has the edges
 >two-gun kid and two-fisted can he fire both guns twice an action (provided
t>hey're double action; or he can use single action and quick-cock them)?

No.
Regardless of the player's edges, a player can fire a gun in each hand -
twice each round if the weapon has a RoF of 2.

The edges just allow the characters to do it better.

 > In
 >the Hell On Earth core rule book it states that you can double tap a semi
 >automatic pistol for two shots an action, but my point is that revolvers are
 >too slow mechnically for it to be possible.

Don't tell that to my cop friend.  He regularly clears his revolver in
four, with an excellent shot group.  I, myself, don't own a revolver, but I
can easily empty semi-automatic of nine rounds in four seconds.  18 rounds
if I have a pistol in each hand.  Speed isn't affected in that
case.  Accuracy is, but not speed.

I ran across a record where a shooter using a modified Smith and Wesson
revolver put 8 rounds on target (2 rounds in each of 4 targets) in 1.06
seconds.

There is another place that claims that top notch action shooters (modern
day fast draw competitions) can draw, fire and hit five targets, clear the
brass, and reholster in less than 2 seconds.

 >Maybe we could get an official
 >ruling on the matter. I know there's no way in hell I would ever allow
 >something like that to happen in any of my campains. (The effect of this is
t>hat a player with only three actions can empty both his guns aiming fairly
 >good in one round (five seconds))

Sounds like your mind is already made up.  Why do you need a ruling?  Or
are you fishing for a ruling, only as long as it agrees with what you desire?

 >If your player has the book and you don't, Munchwolf, tell him to hand it
 >over and read it thoroughly. If this is the revised edition rules fault,
 >then I'm glad I still have my 1997 copy to play by.

Hm...

So, you might say that an official ruling has been made - ie - the official
revision to the rules that was published as the revised edition.

So.

What do you think of the D20 rules?

What about D20 Dungeons and Dragons?  I mean, with an attitude like yours -
that as long as it's in print, somewhere, it must be official - how could
you afford to buy every single D20 DnD book that has come out.

I mean, there are what, 80-100 such books now, between WotC and all of the
companies that are also putting out D20 sourcebooks.

I myself know of 3 different sourcebooks to handle Sea adventures/boats,
etc. for the D20 system.  Some of them have contradictory rules in them.
How would you handle a situation where you had everything planned out, and
one of your players shoves a book in your face in the middle of the game -
"proving" you wrong and demanding that you do things his way?  Even though
it would derail the entire game session, spoiling it for all the players
involved.

Or maybe there is some merit to the idea that the gamemasters are in charge
of the game, and it's up to them to include or exclude those elements they
wish to better craft the story they want to share with their players.

Unlike card games, there is no "standard rules for play" - the only true
criteria is if everyone who sat down at the game enjoyed themselves.

<mild spoilers follow>

   There was one group on the lists a while back who mentioned that they
had already beat down Stone and all the other baddies in the Weird West and
their gamemaster had taken them forward to Hell On Earth in order to take
on the Reckoners directly.

Hey.  They were enjoying themselves.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

Q: How does Santa deliver presents all over the world on Christmas Eve?
A: With Rudolf the red-shift reindeer.