Re[4]: [DL] Harrowed [for Marshalls only]

Hi all,
6 marca 2002 (00:51:19) napisales(as)/you wrote:

>> Read here:
>> http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~cherryne/myth.cgi/Creation.html

btn> Thanks!  Those  kind  of  stories  tend  to get a bit confused...
btn> Especially  when  you  consider  how popular reinterpretations of
btn> mythic  stories  are,  especially  in gamer-popular books and the
btn> like.  (The  Sandman  series,  to quote the first example I could
btn> think of.)

Maybe  I'm  wrong  but  it  seems  to  me,  that  we  are going to the
cul-de-sac. I mean, looking for sources from any myth around the world
is a vicious circle. The Reckoning has roots in Indian beliefs and I'm
already  a  little  disappointed  with  the answers from Hell on Earth
(however it's a great game!), because, answer me, what the...

Players don't look!

...Horsemen and the hole Holy Team with the God himslef have in common
with  Indian  spirits, manitous etc.?! In Deadlands everything (hexes,
Harrowed,  Hunting Grounds...) is around Inadian beliefs. But Blessed,
okay.  And  in  HoE,  suddenly,  it  appears  that  we are wrong, it's
an everlasting war beetwen God and Satan.

My  point is (at least ;))), that we should look for first Harrowed in
Native  Americans  or  Christian  (Judaism)  culture  circle  not  in
Egyptian, Scandinavian or Polish myths.

Of corse it's my opinion. And what do you think about it?

Regards!
Barman                       mailto:deepone@go2.pl
Magazyn "Magia i Miecz": http://www.magiaimiecz.pl
Oficjalne Strony Deadlands: www.deadlands.vrpg.net