Re[4]: [DL] Harrowed [for Marshalls only]

> Maybe  I'm  wrong  but  it  seems  to  me,  that  we  are going to the
> cul-de-sac. I mean, looking for sources from any myth around the world
> is a vicious circle. The Reckoning has roots in Indian beliefs and I'm
> already  a  little  disappointed  with  the answers from Hell on Earth
> (however it's a great game!), because, answer me, what the...
>

> Players don't look!
>

> ...Horsemen and the hole Holy Team with the God himslef have in common
> with  Indian  spirits, manitous etc.?! In Deadlands everything (hexes,
> Harrowed,  Hunting Grounds...) is around Inadian beliefs. But Blessed,
> okay.  And  in  HoE,  suddenly,  it  appears  that  we are wrong, it's
> an everlasting war beetwen God and Satan.

Well, the Blessed have always been around, implying that there's
_something_ to the Judeo-Christian beliefs (as well as others).

The thing is, the Reckoners being the Four Horsemen doesn't mean that the
worldview has shifted any more to the Christian...all it means is that
John of Patmos had a vision of the Reckoners which he put into the Book
of Revelation.  In other words, in the Deadlands universe, the presence of
the Reckoners shaped the Christian religion as well as that of the native
Americans.

Everything else I've noticed can be cast in terms of simply Good and Evil
powers, not necessarily God and Satan.

(My experience with HoE is limited, so my apologies if there's more than
just the Horsemen, but they're the only blatantly "Christian" elements
I've noticed.)