RE: [DL] Funeral (Book o' the Dead?)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002 Brumy8@aol.com wrote:

> Proper funerals (Christian ones at least, I cannot speak for other religions) have the Last Rights maricle built into them. This, I would say, is from the examples you mentioned or even a reading from the Bible (I am thinking of the one about walking through the valley of death, but I canot site it for some reason).

However, is every priest/rabbi/cleric/etc. a Blessed, or only those that
are chosen?

(I just said I didn't like getting bogged down in thological theory, but
here goes...)

Any priest can perform a ceremony that is his religion's equivelent of
last rites, but does it always count? Is every preacher a blessed, or only
those who were chosen?