Re: [DL] The Deep South

Hi,
    Several observations on this thread:
    The CSA had a navy so given the importance of rivers to the South as
means of transportation, it is likely the job of keeping them open fell to
the "CSN."  That last is slightly scary for me as the initials are the same
a large labour union here in Quebec.
    As a suggestion to anyone doing an "Apocalypse Now" adventure (not Dr.
Strangelove even though Kubrick was the director for both) I think a
Southern "guerrilla" group (perhaps even Jesse James' or Quantril's)
operating in either Missouri or the Coyote Confederacy might be an
"interesting" choice.  Rivers of choice might be the Missouri or the Red
River (although I have no idea if the latter is or was navigable.  Hey, I'm
a Canuck after all.)
    With regards to a Ranger with a friend in a railroad, it might just be
useful for him or her to have an inside contact in Bayou Vermillion or Black
River so he or she can get the lowdown on the latest nefarious plot.  I
won't use that contact to get railroad tickets or advertise my ranger
connection too openly when near the contact, but that person might be useful
in finding things to "shoot or recruit."
          Daniel Gwyn
"The discrepancy between faith and the facts is
greater than is generally assumed."
From "The Bridge of San Luis Rey" by Thornton Wilder